Friday, July 27, 2007

Who You Are Makes A Difference

One night a man came home to his 14-year-old son and sat him down. He said, "The most incredible thing happened to me today. I was in my office and one of the junior executives came in and he told me that he admired me a gave me a blue ribbon for being a creative genius. Imagine. He thinks I am a creative genius.


Then he put this blue ribbon that says 'Who I am makes a difference' on my jacket above my heart. Then he gave me an extra ribbon and asked me to find someone else to honour. As I was driving home tonight, I started thinking about whom I would honour with this ribbon and I thought about you. I want to honour you..


"My days are really hectic, and when I come home, I don't pay a lot of attention to you. Sometimes I scream at you for not getting enough good grades in school and for your bedroom being a mess, but somehow tonight, I just wanted to sit here and, well, just let you know that you do make a difference to me. Besides your mother, you are the most important person in my life. You're a great kid and I love you!"


The startled boy started to sob and sob, and he couldn't stop crying.. His whole body shook, and he looked up at his father and said , through his broken tears, "I was planning on committing suicide tomorrow, Dad, because I didn't think that you loved me. Now I don't need to do that."


By: Helice Bridges





compiled by lyme disease

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails