Saturday, March 28, 2009

ONE


One day, I was born into this world;
One day I spoke my first word..
One day I went to kindergarten,
and it was there that I met my first school friend!
One day I moved into primary school..
and realized how insignificant I was.
After six years, I completed primary education
and saw myself one day going into secondary school.
One day I felt a strange feeling,
like an infatuation towards the opposite gender;
and one day I expressed my feelings..
but I was rejected because we were still young.
One day I joined my friends to CF
and found out that Jesus wasn't all about hallelujahs.
One day I was serving in church...
from a church-goer to one of the youth leaders.
One day I had to sit for my major exams,
and I told God, one day I will go back to serving You.
That one day came, and I told God,
"One day I will serve You day and night, but after I finish college".
One day, I completed my tertiary education,
and I was lovingly in a relationship,
and I told God, "One day I will rededicate my life to You"...
and one day I got married and with 2 kids.
Everyday working earning a living to support the family
and coming back home all weary and tired,
had my family financially and emotionally secured
and one day I lie there,
looking at the flashbacks of my life
knowing that one day I will see You face to face,
breathing my last breath
as I pass away having a heart failure
at the young age of 38.




..that one day with You did not come all these years..









compiled by lyme

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails