Monday, June 22, 2009

We're All Foster Children.













By Marty Stokes from Hudson, Florida.
WE'RE ALL FOSTER CHILDREN

There's a whole lot of children
but from what I can tell,
They're all "entrusted" to us
we need to "foster" them well;
We're not their "real" parents
God has "loaned" them to us
But we so easily forget
we think they "belong" to us.

When we take Junior home
we love to call him "our" son,
Don't you think it's amazing
we forget where he's from;
He's a "gift" sent from God
and I'm telling you the facts,
But we believe we "own" him
until God takes him back.

The Lord gives and He takes
but is that what WE believe,
Tell me why we complain
when God says he must leave;
I know my words are unusual
but they could be the truth,
It's very hard to accept
can this be God's point of view.

Everything that God gives
we shouldn't say that it's "mine,"
With "my" money I bought it
are we so ignorant and blind;
These things were "given" to us
we don't "own" anything,
It's not what we've "done"
we were "given" everything.

I hope you can hear me
do you hear me my "brother,"
You especially should know
because God is your Father;
Truth is stranger than fiction
but what I'm saying is truth,
We don't "own" anything
so there's nothing to lose.

There's one thing we do "own,"
or that's what we may THINK,
But when Jesus comes back
we might have to RE-think;
Let's be careful with words
about things that WE "own",
We might be very surprised
is what I say in this poem.

Marty Stokes
Hudson, FL



Taken from www.hopecrc.ca. Subject to copyright by author and owner.

compiled by Jeremy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails