Thursday, April 3, 2008

When I Was Younger...

When I was in form 1, I can honestly tell you the truth that I was completely an introvert when it was about serving the Lord, helping out in church...

When I went into form 2, I frequent my going to Christian Fellowship every Friday despite the saddening number of people during that time...still persevere as I get to meet new Christian friends from school!

When I had Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR), I was still attending Christian Fellowship; by then it grew till my hands couldn't count the number of people attending which means more friends. Still wasn't doing much at church nor at Higher Ground.

It came to form 4...it became pretty distressing as Higher Ground was skipping certain months, and during those months with no sessions, it feels empty inside. I was still just a normal goer to these sessions having my fun.

Form 5, and it was the major exam of my life (or so it felt that way for everyone else too as it is in one way or the other determines ones tertiary education). Still I attended Higher Ground as usual but this time, it became a video session with not much of a difference with going to the movies except that this was done in a church. Friends begin to stay home and I never got to meet them during such session.

Come lower form 6, some of them decided to have Higher Ground running like what it was before..no more movies: and so that was how I came about helping out and having known more friends in the process.

And as I grew older, I came to this realization - the older I get, the harder it is for the younger ones to have a certain connection with the older ones as our wavelengths are at a different peak...how I wonder how much fun it would be like when I had the chance to have all the fun when I was still a teenager.


Oh how I wish I could go back to helping out in Higher Ground with all my friends who are around my age group having so so much fun.


As I grow older, the only fun I can look to is in church...




*disclaimer: not stating Higher Ground is better or worse than a church, just the difference in terms of people in a church and during one of them Higher Ground sessions











compiled by lyme disease

1 comment:

S.i.m.o.n said...

Both Higher Ground and church, are the grounds of which all of us remain, and always be, united.

Related Posts with Thumbnails