Friday, January 8, 2010

Testimony...!

I thank You Jesus for this testimony. From someone.

Are you self-righteous or righteous in Christ?
Hmm.. I felt that I have served our Lord well. I did many good things. Whenever I sin, I asked for forgiveness and thank You Jesus for dying on the cross to save sinners like me. I was thinking that our Lord is very happy with me as I'm obeying Him.

So one day, I was sharing the Gospel of Christ to my friend in MSN. I boasted my works to God by telling him that I shared the Gospel very frequently. I think Satan noticed this that I began to obtain righteousness by myself and the good works I did. My friend sent a link(virus) to me. Although I began to be self-righteous, Holy Spirit still asked me not to click it and download it! See the love of our Lord!

Holy Spirit:" Don't download it. It's a virus!"

Me
(self righteous):" I'm sharing the gospel la! I'm doing good things la! God sure help me!

Holy Spirit:"Really, don't download it!

Me : (click and downloaded it) for no reason.

So I downloaded the virus. How foolish I am? So I began to ask God why I got the virus. It's because of self righteousness! I think God will protect me because of the good things I did. I forgot it's Jesus Christ who gave me the protection! My good deeds can never give me protection, healing and prosperity! Jesus came to die for sinners to make us perfect and sinless! God blessed me abundantly not because of the good things I did, but because of His son Jesus Christ who died on the cross! Not because you do a lot of good things that please God, it's because of the faith you have that pleased God! It is impossible to please God without faith. Don't try to earn your salvation by good deeds! If you can earn your salvation by doing good, Jesus does not need to die for us! Only by believing in Jesus Christ, we are saved and have eternal life. If God loves us because of our good deeds, then everyone will be boasting their works!


Isaiah 64:6 (New International Version)

6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.


When we do something good, we're proud of what we've done, BUT most noble works are like "dirty rags" when it comes to earning us a place in heaven--they're useless and good for nothing. They're certainly not enough to bring us into a right relationship with God--for that, we need Christ.


Father in Heaven, I thank You for this lesson. I felt into the trap of being self-righteous yet you restored me gently. I pray that these readers will know You and believe in Jesus Christ who died for our sins to make us perfect. I'm righteous because of Jesus Christ, not because of my righteous acts. Thankful Father for making me righteous in Christ. In Jesus's name, AMEN!

Note: You did not visit this website by coincidence. God wants you to be saved and know more about Him! He is desperate for your attention! For more info, visit this link. http://Jesus.blogpsot.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails