Saturday, September 8, 2007

Honesty The Best Policy

Discipline Teacher : Jacob, do you know why you're brought here to see me?

Jacob : Nope (although he knew)

Discipline Teacher : Now now Jacob, do you know that throwing papers at girls is not a nice thing to do?

Jacob : I don't (although he purposely threw them to irritate)

Discipline Teacher : Jacob, everyone in class saw you threw the papers, and I saw you doing it myself.

Jacob : You must've gotten the wrong person, sir. (trying to push his luck)

Discipline Teacher : Jacob, would I question you if you didn't do anything wrong?

Jacob : *speechless*

Discipline Teacher : Jacob, then tell me, if it wasn't you I saw, who was it then?

Jacob : OH! It was another Jacob from the next block! (there's only one Jacob in school - him)

Discipline Teacher : *frustrated* Jacob, can you show me this "Jacob" you're referring to then?

Jacob : *instantly replying* I can't, sir! Becausee....erh, he's probably hiding somewhere.

Discipline Teacher : Jacob, do you know that in this school, you're the only boy named Jacob?

Jacob : erhh..no i don't... (although he knew)

Discipline Teacher : Jacob. Wouldn't it be better if you just be honest rather than lying once and saying another lie to cover the previous lie?

Jacob : *paused* ...but I didn't lie!

Discipline Teacher : Look at yourself Jacob, you're trying to cover another lie with that?

Jacob : *speechless*

Discipline Teacher : Jacob, because you lied not once, but all the while just to cover up ONE lie, you leave me with no choice but to call up your parents.

Jacob : (tears starts to pour)

Discipline Teacher : I'm sorry Jacob, I've given you many chances to tell me truthfully but you chose to lie to me, now go to the waiting room in the next room, Jacob.







composed by lyme disease

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails