Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Visit At 6pm

(in Mandarin)

"Hi, we're here to share with you something"
[...hello...]
"..but I'd like to ask, do you know what guides the birds?"
[..err...]
"Instinct guides the birds to fly freely in the wide open blue sky"
"And these..yada yada yada. . ."
[huh? *with a quizzed look*]




(in English)

"Instincts"
[*diverting my attention to the gal who was with the lady*]

"You don't speak mandarin do you?"
[err...nope *what an honest lie*]
"..okay, here I'm going to give you a book, just take it and read it"
"*flipping the pages to show me something*"
"..here we mention about success and happiness, so what is success or happiness to you..?"


[*upon seeing verses on the page, I interrupted* This is about God is it?]
"Yeah and maybe after you've read this we can come pay you a visit with someone who is better in English"
[yeahhh....I'm a Christian]
"Oh okay.."


"My name's Sharon and this is Aunty Kwan"
[..mmmkay]


"Okay, so what shall we address you?"
[Eh? Clement...]
"Okay.*smiles and walks away*"





I immediately had to giggle...as I was just visited by a Jehovah Witness!
and in my thoughts i thought, what is it that they believe that makes them different from us?
I mean, they read the Bible and praise and worship...but i noticed that while they were going around houses to distribute their booklets, out of 2 of them, 1 will be carrying an umbrella...
I'm waiting for my next meet with them, then I'll play my wicked ploy on them XD







compiled by lyme disease

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails